Cheek Implants Provide Long-Lasting Augmentation and Contouring
Many people undergo plastic surgery to improve their facial appearance. If you are unhappy with the appearance of your cheeks and are looking for effective long-lasting cheek augmentation, you may be interested in getting cheek implants.
Your Consultation Before Getting Cheek Implants
An in-office consultation with Dr. Patel will be necessary before arranging a date for cheek-augmentation surgery. It is important to ask Dr. Patel any questions that you may have regarding the procedure. He will talk with you about what you can expect from cheek augmentation and will discuss the long-term benefits you can expect.
During this consultation, the two of you will discuss your goals and the results you would like to achieve. Every patient is unique, and Dr. Patel will choose the surgical technique and treatment plan that is right for you.
You should inform Dr. Patel about past surgeries and your medical history. Provide him with the details of any medications or herbal supplements you are taking currently. Before the surgery, you will need to refrain from smoking and drinking alcohol for some time.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Cheek-Implant Surgery?
You are a good candidate for cheek-implant surgery if:
• You have naturally flat and small cheekbones, resulting in an aged look.
• Your cheeks lack definition and your face is narrow.
• Age has caused your cheeks to become sunken and saggy, resulting in a tired and gaunt appearance.
Benefits of Cheek-Implant Surgery
• Congenital defects and facial asymmetries can be corrected.
• The results can vary from a minor augmentation to a major transformation based on a patient’s needs.
• The procedure can be done along with other plastic-surgery procedures such as rhinoplasty or a facelift for increased results.
• It is a relatively cost-effective procedure that can significantly improve your appearance.
• The materials utilized for implants are biocompatible and safe.
• You will have the choice of customized cheek implants as per your needs.
What Happens During Surgery
General anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedation is administered to the patient. Hidden incisions are made inside the mouth. Sometimes, they are made within the lower eyelids instead. If another plastic-surgery procedure such as a facelift is being performed simultaneously, Dr. Patel may insert the implants through those incisions.
The implants of the desired shape and size are then placed and secured utilizing tiny screws. Finally, the incisions are closed with absorbable sutures.
The Recovery Process
It is important that you follow the instructions of Dr. Patel diligently in order to experience a shorter and more comfortable recovery process. For some time, you will not be allowed to engage in vigorous activities such as strenuous exercise.
You will need to consume only soft foods such as soups, bananas, or mashed vegetables to allow the incisions to heal completely. Minor swelling after the surgery is part of the normal healing process; this can last for a few weeks to months.
Set Up Your Consultation to Find Out More
The best way to get started with your cheek augmentation procedure is by contacting the office of board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Parit Patel and arranging a consultation. Dr. Patel will be happy to help you get the contoured and defined cheeks you’ve been dreaming of.